Sunday, January 25, 2009

Update


This last week has been a rough week for our little Paisley. At the beginning of the week the doctors thought she may have had an infection so they immediately began giving her antibiotics and did some tests. They also had to take her off of her feedings until they found out for sure. Luckily the tests have all come back negative, but they continue the antibiotics for a full week just to be sure. She also had a low red blood cell count so they had to give her some blood. Clover said her color looked awful after giving her blood, but she looked much better after a couple of days. Towards the end of the week she was doing much better. The nurse told us that her heartbeat was louder, which could mean that the hole could be closing. That was news that gave us hope. Blake was able to see his baby sister on Saturday. The nurse took us to a secluded hallway and he was able to see her through a window that wasn't actually in the NB ICU. He was so excited, but wasn't satisfied, he wanted to go in and hold her like his mommy was doing. I was also able to hold her for the first time. That was fun. She is such a cute little bug. Although the week started out rough it ended really well. She now weighs 2 pounds 6 ounces. A friend of our who used to live in Cedar and now attends the U of U was able to help me give her a blessing which she desperately needed. Thank you again for all of your love, support and especially your prayers.

5 comments:

Dayna said...

Oooh! That is so good to hear that you were all able to be somewhat together as a family for a little while anyways!!

Keep being strong lil' Paisley!!

Cammie said...

We're still praying for you and keeping you in our thoughts. I'm glad your week ended on a high note, and that Blake was able to see her. I can't get enough of her tiny pictures. I just have to stare at how small and perfect she is!

Big Daddy and Hot Momma said...

I am so happy the week turned out alright.
Please let me know if you are in need of anything!

~Randa

Bethany Gilson said...

You are in our prayers! She is an amazing little fighter. Please let us know if you need anything!

Johnson Family said...

Hey Clover and Family,
Just wanted to tell you that our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family and beautiful new addition.
If there is anything we can do to help feel free to call us.
Love
Rob and Nikki Johnson Family

About Us

My photo
Clover, Blake and I continue to reside in Cedar City, Utah while pursueing an education and working. I just finished my second year at Southern Utah University. I thought I had decided on a career in Human Resourses but the company I work for got rid of all their HR and I have heard that other companies are doing the same thing, so I am still trying to decide but I am leaning towards something in business. Clover continues to do the painstaking job of raising a three year old. It appears that he has hit the terrible twos a year late. We still believe that he is the cutest kid ever. We are happy with life and continue to try and draw closer to our Heavenly Father in these trying times. We want to let everyone out there know that we think about them and hope that everyone is doing great.

EHS 1999

EHS 1999
Class of '99 Blog