Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Surgery :(

Our little girl has to have surgery:( We have kind of known that she will eventually have to have the surgery, but we hoped that it wouldn't have to happen for a while. From birth she has had a heart murmur which is caused by what is called a PDA (I can't remember what that stands for). A PDA is basically a small hole in one of the arteries. It is a fairly common thing for premature babies to have and the nurses and doctors all say that it is nothing to worry about, but as a parent you never want to see your little one have to go through something like this. We are still not sure exactly when they will be doing the surgery, but it will most likely be in the next couple of days (probably Friday). It is a very short procedure (15 minutes), and hopefully she will be back to eating by Sunday or Monday. She hasn't eaten since last Saturday, and yesterday when I went to see her she was going to town on her Binky, so I know she is hungry. Other than the surgery she is doing pretty good. She was wide awake the whole time I was there yesterday and I just got to hold her and we just looked into each others eyes the whole time. She is so precious and it makes Clover and I sad to think of her having to have the surgery, but it is necessary for her to progress so that she can come home with us, which is what we really want and need. Thank you all for your prayers and love, We could not do this without you all. THANK YOU!!!

2 comments:

Cammie said...

I hope everything goes well with her surgery and that repairing the hole in her heart will put her on the fast track home!! Love you guys!!

nancy said...

I hope she is doing well and continues to get big. We did the pda hoping it would help control bleeding. Congrats.. we are praying for you

About Us

My photo
Clover, Blake and I continue to reside in Cedar City, Utah while pursueing an education and working. I just finished my second year at Southern Utah University. I thought I had decided on a career in Human Resourses but the company I work for got rid of all their HR and I have heard that other companies are doing the same thing, so I am still trying to decide but I am leaning towards something in business. Clover continues to do the painstaking job of raising a three year old. It appears that he has hit the terrible twos a year late. We still believe that he is the cutest kid ever. We are happy with life and continue to try and draw closer to our Heavenly Father in these trying times. We want to let everyone out there know that we think about them and hope that everyone is doing great.

EHS 1999

EHS 1999
Class of '99 Blog